Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Paleo Pizza (cauliflower & almond meal crust)

So this recipe came to me from my beautiful hair stylist, after a couple of "other" Paleo pizza crusts that I tried to like but just couldn't! Some of these other questionable crusts tasted what I imagine it would be like to bite into a cardboard box! Uh, my thoughts exactly! Give me the real thing if this is the alternative! So Lily saves my Paleo world and my husband's LOVE for pizza! And I mean LOVE!

We have made this pizza recipe a few times now and love it! The topping choices are endless... Get creative and enjoy making the pizza just as much as you will eating it.


INGREDIENTS:

2 C. steamed Cauliflower
2 Eggs
1/2 C. almond Meal
1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil


DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Use the cheese grating tool on the food processor (or you can grate by hand) to grate the raw cauliflower. Once you have approx. 2 cups of grated cauliflower, put into microwave safe dish and steam for approx 3-5 min. (I usually place a small glass of water in the microwave for moisture).

Combine the remaining ingredients into the steamed cauliflower bowl and mash/mix together with a fork.

Grease a pan with olive oil spray or use parchment paper, but be sure to spray the paper as well.

Pour crust mixture (make 1 large or 2 small/medium crusts) onto pan and form into pizza crust (it will be about 1/4" thick).

Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges start to turn golden brown.

Remove crust from oven, top with sauce & desired toppings, then put back into oven for approx. 7-10 minutes.

SAUCE: I usually make my own homemade sauce, which I will eventually post to the blog, but a quick and easy pizza sauce is to combine an 8 oz can of organic tomato paste and 2 Tbsp. of Italian seasonings. EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment