Sunday, March 10, 2013

Almond Joy Pancakes... YES, it's Paleo!

Seriously, this is my new favorite paleo pancake... for those that don't know me I am always changing up recipes, thinking I can make them better... and well, sometimes I do and sometimes not so much. I get to test out my recipes on my husband... but as I always joke, he was use to being a bachelor and drinking expired milk! HaHa! (It's true!)

This morning (ok, more like noon... I slept in and lost an hour too with "spring forward"... don't judge me, yet!) I decided to throw in coconut flakes and gluten free chocolate chips in my standard paleo pancake receipe and OH-EM-GEE! Almond Joy! YUM!!! (This reminds me, one of my favorite paleo websites is www.paleomg.com, check it out sometime, so many great recipes and the author, Juli is hilarious too)

And whoops, I didn't take pics of the entire process... that is the part I forget to do often. I'm going to get better at it (but I can't guarantee they will be great pics, I'm definitely not a photographer).

Oh, and if you don't have a Ninja or a food processor, GET ONE! I have both and for paleo pancakes, the Ninja is awesome!




INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 Bananas
  • 3 Eggs
  • 2 Tbsp. Coconut flour (or almond flour)
  • 1 Tbsp. of Flax Meal (or just increase the coconut flour to 3 Tbsp. and exclude this)
  • 2 Tbsp. of Almond butter
  • 1 Tbsp. Raw Honey (optional)
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp. Baking powder
  • 1 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup of Coconut milk
  • 2 Tbsp. dried coconut
  • 1/4 cup of Gluten free chocolate chips (I use "Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips")

DIRECTIONS:

Combine all ingredients,(except the coconut and chocolate chips) into food processor or Ninja. Mix well. Then add the coconut and chocolate chips and mix in by hand.

Heat skillet and spray with olive oil cooking spray and start making pancakes. The consistency is more runny than regular pancakes and I think the trick is to cook them on medium to medium-low and give them more time on the first side to cook than you would a regular boxed pancake.

SERVING SUGGESTIONS: These taste awesome by themselves, but they are good with fresh berries or a berry puree or even some Grade "B" pure maple. The options are endless... okay that's not true! Excluding grains, refinded sugars and other non-paleo, really bad for your body ingredients!


No comments:

Post a Comment