Monday, March 11, 2013

Egg Muffins (or in this case, Egg Bake)

Quick and easy prep... Perfect for grab and go during your busy week.

I like to make these in muffin pans, but mine suck, (ooh, I know what to tell my mom to get me for my birthday!) so as an alternative I bake it as a whole in a casserole pan and then cut into squares and bag 'em up!

My husband and I absolutely love these. In fact I just got to work and heated mine and everyone was saying how good they smelled... Yes, but they taste even better!

For this particular one we used the following ingredients:

▪ Uncured applewood smoked bacon
▪ Uncured smoked sausage
▪ Veggies: zucchini, mushroom, baby peppers (red and orange) and fresh garlic
▪ Trader Joes Everyday seasoning (of course!)

We cooked the bacon, browned the sausage and sautéed the veggies. Then we poured into lightly greased pan, then we mixed about 7-8 eggs and about 1/2 cup of non-fat milk, beat together and then pour over the meat and veggies. Bake for approx 35-40 min at 350 degrees. Let cool, then cut into squares and save in baggies or containers.

I forgot to photograph the final product, so I took a pic of the baggie I brought with me to work today.



No comments:

Post a Comment